Sheila Kitzinger's message was that, for most women, childbirth is the most natural thing in the world. She urged mums-to-be to trust their bodies and to question medical advice offered. For her, mums were the focus of every birth and not doctors. Sheila was a passionate advocate of natural and home births. Giving birth is a natural, not a medical event, she argued. She had all her own five children at home.
- Abs mum gives birth
- Discovery could 'boost immune system's cancer fighting ability'
- Does happiness have a smell and is it contagious?
- Middle age 'starts at 60' claims media
- Preschool classes review and win
- Primary school admissions
Buy & Sell
Beige Patterned Lined Curtains New 45 wide 42 long Beige background with leaf design pattern. Heavy material. Never used
- Antiques and collectables (9)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (5)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (8)
- Clothing (19)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (6)
- Furniture and furnishings (18)
- Health, fashion and beauty (56)
- Household and DIY (12)
- Miscellaneous (22)
- Musical instruments (4)
- Outdoor pursuits (19)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (7)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - B LLOYD
LLOYD Beryl B. 20.09.1922 Widow of Fred Lloyd & Son Coal Merchants Pontypool, mother of
Birthdays - J MAINWARING
MAINWARING Look who's The Big 60 on 3rd March JEANETTE place photo here Happy Birthday to our
Births - P SHUTTLEWORTH
SHUTTLEWORTH Congratulations PETER and LOUISE on the birth of your beautiful daugther AVA ALYS
Marriages - Reservist joins paratroopers on training exercise
A RESERVIST soldier from Newport joined more than 90 paratroopers from the UK and US as part of