Drunken Pontypool axe man jailed for string of offences

JAILED: Christian Atkinson

JAILED: Christian Atkinson

First published in News

A REPEAT offender who “strutted” around a Pontypool street with an axe threatening to embed it into the head of a man he held a grudge against was sent to prison.

Christian Atkinson, 33, was spotted heavily drunk and wielding the weapon on March 14 after the man had previously reported him to police for stealing his wheelie bin which he used to store tools, a court heard.

He was seen walking towards others on Llandegfedd Way in New Inn “with an axe in his hand”, prosecutor Tony Trigg said, saying he was looking for a certain man. Mr Trigg told Cardiff Crown Court Atkinson said: “I’m going to put this axe through the side of his head.”

Mr Trigg added: “The witnesses say they felt frightened and scared. Some of the witnesses were youths. One of the youth’s fathers came out of his house and confronted the defendant about the axe. The defendant then tucked the axe up his sleeve and repeated the threats to Mr Drinkwater, who fortunately wasn’t present. Police were called and arrested the defendant.”

He added Atkinson, whose address was given as HMP Cardiff, had been prosecuted after he was seen dragging the wheelie bin up the road, and the target of Atkinson’s ire had put up posters describing him as a thief.

Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing. He also racially abused a shopkeeper at the Premier store in New Inn, the court heard, after the Asian proprietor Mohemed Naeem refused to sell him alcohol early in the morning because licensing laws would not permit him to do so. Reacting angrily, Atkinson shouted and called him names in front of his wife before leaving the shop. Later that day he dialled 999 and spoke aggressively to the call operator, calling her stupid when she said if he wanted to hand himself into police he should go to Newport Central police station.

Judge Rhys Rowlands also sentenced him for possession of amphetamine, which he was found with after police saw him fall from a second floor window.

In a separate incident on March 6 this year Atkinson burgled a garage on New Road, New Inn, the court heard, taking £40 of curtain poles. He was arrested shortly afterwards, equipped for his task with a hammer and pair of gloves.

On March 15 he was spotted “clearly intoxicated” in the street, Mr Trigg said, and that night smashed the window of a Ford Mondeo walking away with its stereo as well as its tax disc and a mobile phone adaptor which were found discarded in his front garden.

Steve Thomas, mitigating, said: “There was no actual violence used. The person to whom the threats were directed was not there. He had the axe in his possession temporarily. This is not somebody who routinely carries a weapon around the streets, a knife or something, in anticipation of violence. He did say in interview, “I wouldn’t have used it but I wanted to threaten him with it”. Regarding the racial abuse, he said: “He didn’t specifically go into the shop to racially abuse the victim. He did in fact leave the shop when he was told to do so by Mr Naeem. He has expressed remorse. Drugs and alcohol are clearly a longstanding problem for him.”

Atkinson pleaded guilty to all of the offences except racially aggravated harassment, for which he was convicted after trial. He was given 12 months in prison for possessing the axe in public, nine months for racially aggravated harassment, four months for burglary and two months for theft of a stereo, all to run consecutively and coming to a total of 27 months. He was also given a four months for using threatening behaviour, to run at the same time.

Comments (18)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:02am Wed 28 May 14

Thor at the door says...

Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing.

So this person is a known criminal and he has been let off the hook 98 times and the Police do nothing?

This country is a disgrace and so are the Police in some cases. If the person whose garage he robbed caught him and battered him with the curtain pole, I have no doubt they would have been jailed asap!

I bet the police are on first name terms with this idiot and other like him, playing the nicely card and treating him like a little kid.

What the police need is to man up and get tough on vermin like this. Every force should have a flying squad, pay them a visit and give them a good reminder of their obligations to the rest of society!!!

Scum everywhere but you can't defend your property or yourself without fear of the law punishing you.

UKIP- Can you help?
Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing. So this person is a known criminal and he has been let off the hook 98 times and the Police do nothing? This country is a disgrace and so are the Police in some cases. If the person whose garage he robbed caught him and battered him with the curtain pole, I have no doubt they would have been jailed asap! I bet the police are on first name terms with this idiot and other like him, playing the nicely card and treating him like a little kid. What the police need is to man up and get tough on vermin like this. Every force should have a flying squad, pay them a visit and give them a good reminder of their obligations to the rest of society!!! Scum everywhere but you can't defend your property or yourself without fear of the law punishing you. UKIP- Can you help? Thor at the door
  • Score: 13

8:10am Wed 28 May 14

Independentvoter says...

"He was seen walking with an axe in his hand"

"In a separate incident he was carrying a hammer"

"This is not someone who routinely carries a weapon around in the streets"
"He was seen walking with an axe in his hand" "In a separate incident he was carrying a hammer" "This is not someone who routinely carries a weapon around in the streets" Independentvoter
  • Score: 30

9:09am Wed 28 May 14

alongfortheride says...

Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something.

1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances.

2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not.

3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically.

4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated.

The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate.

Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well.

How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I.

Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.
Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from. alongfortheride
  • Score: 13

9:22am Wed 28 May 14

Dai Rear says...

alongfortheride wrote:
Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something.

1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances.

2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not.

3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically.

4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated.

The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate.

Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well.

How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I.

Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.
Any party which would stop creatures like this getting welfare so that they can't go on drinking or taking foul powders would be a Party I'd vote for.
[quote][p][bold]alongfortheride[/bold] wrote: Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.[/p][/quote]Any party which would stop creatures like this getting welfare so that they can't go on drinking or taking foul powders would be a Party I'd vote for. Dai Rear
  • Score: 7

9:30am Wed 28 May 14

regaturn says...

Thor at the door wrote:
Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing.

So this person is a known criminal and he has been let off the hook 98 times and the Police do nothing?

This country is a disgrace and so are the Police in some cases. If the person whose garage he robbed caught him and battered him with the curtain pole, I have no doubt they would have been jailed asap!

I bet the police are on first name terms with this idiot and other like him, playing the nicely card and treating him like a little kid.

What the police need is to man up and get tough on vermin like this. Every force should have a flying squad, pay them a visit and give them a good reminder of their obligations to the rest of society!!!

Scum everywhere but you can't defend your property or yourself without fear of the law punishing you.

UKIP- Can you help?
I don't think you've really thought your rant out, this lowlife has appeared in court on 42 occasions, which strongly suggests the police are doing something, it is the courts which are a joke.
[quote][p][bold]Thor at the door[/bold] wrote: Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing. So this person is a known criminal and he has been let off the hook 98 times and the Police do nothing? This country is a disgrace and so are the Police in some cases. If the person whose garage he robbed caught him and battered him with the curtain pole, I have no doubt they would have been jailed asap! I bet the police are on first name terms with this idiot and other like him, playing the nicely card and treating him like a little kid. What the police need is to man up and get tough on vermin like this. Every force should have a flying squad, pay them a visit and give them a good reminder of their obligations to the rest of society!!! Scum everywhere but you can't defend your property or yourself without fear of the law punishing you. UKIP- Can you help?[/p][/quote]I don't think you've really thought your rant out, this lowlife has appeared in court on 42 occasions, which strongly suggests the police are doing something, it is the courts which are a joke. regaturn
  • Score: 22

9:58am Wed 28 May 14

snappersearch says...

Thor at the door wrote:
Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing.

So this person is a known criminal and he has been let off the hook 98 times and the Police do nothing?

This country is a disgrace and so are the Police in some cases. If the person whose garage he robbed caught him and battered him with the curtain pole, I have no doubt they would have been jailed asap!

I bet the police are on first name terms with this idiot and other like him, playing the nicely card and treating him like a little kid.

What the police need is to man up and get tough on vermin like this. Every force should have a flying squad, pay them a visit and give them a good reminder of their obligations to the rest of society!!!

Scum everywhere but you can't defend your property or yourself without fear of the law punishing you.

UKIP- Can you help?
"Scum everywhere". Are you sure? Bit of a daft post, don't you think?
[quote][p][bold]Thor at the door[/bold] wrote: Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing. So this person is a known criminal and he has been let off the hook 98 times and the Police do nothing? This country is a disgrace and so are the Police in some cases. If the person whose garage he robbed caught him and battered him with the curtain pole, I have no doubt they would have been jailed asap! I bet the police are on first name terms with this idiot and other like him, playing the nicely card and treating him like a little kid. What the police need is to man up and get tough on vermin like this. Every force should have a flying squad, pay them a visit and give them a good reminder of their obligations to the rest of society!!! Scum everywhere but you can't defend your property or yourself without fear of the law punishing you. UKIP- Can you help?[/p][/quote]"Scum everywhere". Are you sure? Bit of a daft post, don't you think? snappersearch
  • Score: 10

10:13am Wed 28 May 14

Ollie254 says...

Thor at the door wrote:
Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing.

So this person is a known criminal and he has been let off the hook 98 times and the Police do nothing?

This country is a disgrace and so are the Police in some cases. If the person whose garage he robbed caught him and battered him with the curtain pole, I have no doubt they would have been jailed asap!

I bet the police are on first name terms with this idiot and other like him, playing the nicely card and treating him like a little kid.

What the police need is to man up and get tough on vermin like this. Every force should have a flying squad, pay them a visit and give them a good reminder of their obligations to the rest of society!!!

Scum everywhere but you can't defend your property or yourself without fear of the law punishing you.

UKIP- Can you help?
If he's been in court 42 times the police have put him there. It's the courts that find guilt or innocence and the court that decide on the sentence. Blame them for lenient sentencing not the police. I agree re UKIP though.
[quote][p][bold]Thor at the door[/bold] wrote: Atkinson, who has appeared in court 42 times for 98 offences, was sentenced for a string of other crimes at the hearing. So this person is a known criminal and he has been let off the hook 98 times and the Police do nothing? This country is a disgrace and so are the Police in some cases. If the person whose garage he robbed caught him and battered him with the curtain pole, I have no doubt they would have been jailed asap! I bet the police are on first name terms with this idiot and other like him, playing the nicely card and treating him like a little kid. What the police need is to man up and get tough on vermin like this. Every force should have a flying squad, pay them a visit and give them a good reminder of their obligations to the rest of society!!! Scum everywhere but you can't defend your property or yourself without fear of the law punishing you. UKIP- Can you help?[/p][/quote]If he's been in court 42 times the police have put him there. It's the courts that find guilt or innocence and the court that decide on the sentence. Blame them for lenient sentencing not the police. I agree re UKIP though. Ollie254
  • Score: 4

10:18am Wed 28 May 14

chelsea1970 says...

alongfortheride wrote:
Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something.

1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances.

2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not.

3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically.

4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated.

The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate.

Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well.

How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I.

Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.
Tell you what alongfortheride if it was u who had been victim of this cowardly drugged up drunken lout , I sure u wouldn't be ranting about these comments ? Think u need to really look at what's going on . Not saying scumbags are everywhere but for a person to be in court for that many offences is certainly a good definition of a total scumbag !!!!
[quote][p][bold]alongfortheride[/bold] wrote: Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.[/p][/quote]Tell you what alongfortheride if it was u who had been victim of this cowardly drugged up drunken lout , I sure u wouldn't be ranting about these comments ? Think u need to really look at what's going on . Not saying scumbags are everywhere but for a person to be in court for that many offences is certainly a good definition of a total scumbag !!!! chelsea1970
  • Score: 2

11:57am Wed 28 May 14

-trigg- says...

I would suggest that the problem isn't with the police who have clearly been doing their job, considering he has been convicted of 98 offences. The issue lies with the courts and the sentencing guidelines. It is ludicrous that someone should still be at liberty to commit additional crimes after 42 separate visits.

Regardless of how minor each of those 98 offences may be in isolation, taken as a whole they portray a person who needs to be removed from society.
I would suggest that the problem isn't with the police who have clearly been doing their job, considering he has been convicted of 98 offences. The issue lies with the courts and the sentencing guidelines. It is ludicrous that someone should still be at liberty to commit additional crimes after 42 separate visits. Regardless of how minor each of those 98 offences may be in isolation, taken as a whole they portray a person who needs to be removed from society. -trigg-
  • Score: 8

12:48pm Wed 28 May 14

alongfortheride says...

chelsea1970 wrote:
alongfortheride wrote: Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.
Tell you what alongfortheride if it was u who had been victim of this cowardly drugged up drunken lout , I sure u wouldn't be ranting about these comments ? Think u need to really look at what's going on . Not saying scumbags are everywhere but for a person to be in court for that many offences is certainly a good definition of a total scumbag !!!!
Yet another inarticulate cretin who has no idea what the the argument was.
[quote][p][bold]chelsea1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]alongfortheride[/bold] wrote: Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.[/p][/quote]Tell you what alongfortheride if it was u who had been victim of this cowardly drugged up drunken lout , I sure u wouldn't be ranting about these comments ? Think u need to really look at what's going on . Not saying scumbags are everywhere but for a person to be in court for that many offences is certainly a good definition of a total scumbag !!!![/p][/quote]Yet another inarticulate cretin who has no idea what the the argument was. alongfortheride
  • Score: 6

1:00pm Wed 28 May 14

Dai Rear says...

alongfortheride does the abuse make you feel superior? "The Courts" would sentence appropriately, were it not for 2 things.(1) If a sentence is on the high side the defence may appeal. Too many appeals = no chance of putting on the red and being "Sir", so -sentence low.(2) The State sends circulars saying the prisons are full and you may only sentence savagely for offences under the SOA 2003 (The Blunkett/Quinn Act). The message is heard. The message is obediently followed.
alongfortheride does the abuse make you feel superior? "The Courts" would sentence appropriately, were it not for 2 things.(1) If a sentence is on the high side the defence may appeal. Too many appeals = no chance of putting on the red and being "Sir", so -sentence low.(2) The State sends circulars saying the prisons are full and you may only sentence savagely for offences under the SOA 2003 (The Blunkett/Quinn Act). The message is heard. The message is obediently followed. Dai Rear
  • Score: -3

1:05pm Wed 28 May 14

alongfortheride says...

Dai Rear wrote:
alongfortheride does the abuse make you feel superior? "The Courts" would sentence appropriately, were it not for 2 things.(1) If a sentence is on the high side the defence may appeal. Too many appeals = no chance of putting on the red and being "Sir", so -sentence low.(2) The State sends circulars saying the prisons are full and you may only sentence savagely for offences under the SOA 2003 (The Blunkett/Quinn Act). The message is heard. The message is obediently followed.
I don't disagree with you Dai. My comments were made regarding the initial comments regarding the policing regarding it.

I agree sentencing is a joke joke and the reasoning behind poor sentencing is a joke.

And it's not abuse. If someone wants to personalise my comments that were justly made, and in text speak speak then I will will assume you're a cretin.
[quote][p][bold]Dai Rear[/bold] wrote: alongfortheride does the abuse make you feel superior? "The Courts" would sentence appropriately, were it not for 2 things.(1) If a sentence is on the high side the defence may appeal. Too many appeals = no chance of putting on the red and being "Sir", so -sentence low.(2) The State sends circulars saying the prisons are full and you may only sentence savagely for offences under the SOA 2003 (The Blunkett/Quinn Act). The message is heard. The message is obediently followed.[/p][/quote]I don't disagree with you Dai. My comments were made regarding the initial comments regarding the policing regarding it. I agree sentencing is a joke joke and the reasoning behind poor sentencing is a joke. And it's not abuse. If someone wants to personalise my comments that were justly made, and in text speak speak then I will will assume you're a cretin. alongfortheride
  • Score: 2

1:08pm Wed 28 May 14

chelsea1970 says...

alongfortheride wrote:
chelsea1970 wrote:
alongfortheride wrote: Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.
Tell you what alongfortheride if it was u who had been victim of this cowardly drugged up drunken lout , I sure u wouldn't be ranting about these comments ? Think u need to really look at what's going on . Not saying scumbags are everywhere but for a person to be in court for that many offences is certainly a good definition of a total scumbag !!!!
Yet another inarticulate cretin who has no idea what the the argument was.
I do know what argument was about . When u give comment please address me properly Mr cretin to u . And I have my opinion on drugged up drunken louts . Sounds to me like u condone his actions and prefer to have this type of person walking the streets tooled up . I think your one of the minority not the majority !!!
[quote][p][bold]alongfortheride[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chelsea1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]alongfortheride[/bold] wrote: Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.[/p][/quote]Tell you what alongfortheride if it was u who had been victim of this cowardly drugged up drunken lout , I sure u wouldn't be ranting about these comments ? Think u need to really look at what's going on . Not saying scumbags are everywhere but for a person to be in court for that many offences is certainly a good definition of a total scumbag !!!![/p][/quote]Yet another inarticulate cretin who has no idea what the the argument was.[/p][/quote]I do know what argument was about . When u give comment please address me properly Mr cretin to u . And I have my opinion on drugged up drunken louts . Sounds to me like u condone his actions and prefer to have this type of person walking the streets tooled up . I think your one of the minority not the majority !!! chelsea1970
  • Score: -4

1:18pm Wed 28 May 14

alongfortheride says...

chelsea1970 wrote:
alongfortheride wrote:
chelsea1970 wrote:
alongfortheride wrote: Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.
Tell you what alongfortheride if it was u who had been victim of this cowardly drugged up drunken lout , I sure u wouldn't be ranting about these comments ? Think u need to really look at what's going on . Not saying scumbags are everywhere but for a person to be in court for that many offences is certainly a good definition of a total scumbag !!!!
Yet another inarticulate cretin who has no idea what the the argument was.
I do know what argument was about . When u give comment please address me properly Mr cretin to u . And I have my opinion on drugged up drunken louts . Sounds to me like u condone his actions and prefer to have this type of person walking the streets tooled up . I think your one of the minority not the majority !!!
What??? Did you read/understand what I said... If so please summarise what you think I was saying?
[quote][p][bold]chelsea1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]alongfortheride[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chelsea1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]alongfortheride[/bold] wrote: Okay let me explain why Thor at the door is a typical misinformed cretin. I have been seeing his comments floating around and I finally have to say something. 1. How have you worked out he has been let off the hook 98 times? He He has been to court 42 times for 98 offences. So the police have caught him and convicted him for 98 offences over 42 court appearances. 2. I would hope the police are on first name terms with prolific offender in their area. I would be worried if they were not. 3. They are clearly not treating him like a child if they are prosecuting him so prolifically. 4. You say the police need to man up... I would suggest sir that you in fact need to get a clue as to what you are talking about and possibly get a bit more educated. The flying squad was a corrupt concept and if in place you would be complaining about them because no doubt you will have failed to grasp how they operate. Read up on common law... You can defend your property etc. But using reasonable force. No doubt you wish to live in a society where you can dish out punishment as well. How can UKIP help you idiot. Oh I know blame the immigrants for the courts lax sentencing which no doubt frustrates the police as much as you or I. Or pay for an nvq in not making a fool of yourself on the Internet. A course you would benefit from.[/p][/quote]Tell you what alongfortheride if it was u who had been victim of this cowardly drugged up drunken lout , I sure u wouldn't be ranting about these comments ? Think u need to really look at what's going on . Not saying scumbags are everywhere but for a person to be in court for that many offences is certainly a good definition of a total scumbag !!!![/p][/quote]Yet another inarticulate cretin who has no idea what the the argument was.[/p][/quote]I do know what argument was about . When u give comment please address me properly Mr cretin to u . And I have my opinion on drugged up drunken louts . Sounds to me like u condone his actions and prefer to have this type of person walking the streets tooled up . I think your one of the minority not the majority !!![/p][/quote]What??? Did you read/understand what I said... If so please summarise what you think I was saying? alongfortheride
  • Score: 1

2:18pm Wed 28 May 14

chelsea1970 says...

This person should be locked up for a hell of a lot longer than what he is going to be . If not for these offences but for the amount of convictions he as got . I think they should bring a law out stating " MORE CONVICTIONS U GOT , MORE TIME IN PRISON YOU GET " !!!
This person should be locked up for a hell of a lot longer than what he is going to be . If not for these offences but for the amount of convictions he as got . I think they should bring a law out stating " MORE CONVICTIONS U GOT , MORE TIME IN PRISON YOU GET " !!! chelsea1970
  • Score: 0

2:35pm Wed 28 May 14

-trigg- says...

At the moment it appears that our courts pass sentence purely on the offence being prosecuted, with no reference to previous convictions. What is needed is a change to the guidelines to ensure that the more offences someone has committed, the longer their next sentence will be. It could be something as simple as adding 10% to their punishment for each previous conviction.

In this case, such a system would have changed the current 27 month sentence into one of 22 years, although I sincerely doubt he would have been in any position to rack up such an unedifying history if this had been in place.
At the moment it appears that our courts pass sentence purely on the offence being prosecuted, with no reference to previous convictions. What is needed is a change to the guidelines to ensure that the more offences someone has committed, the longer their next sentence will be. It could be something as simple as adding 10% to their punishment for each previous conviction. In this case, such a system would have changed the current 27 month sentence into one of 22 years, although I sincerely doubt he would have been in any position to rack up such an unedifying history if this had been in place. -trigg-
  • Score: 1

2:46pm Wed 28 May 14

chelsea1970 says...

-trigg- wrote:
At the moment it appears that our courts pass sentence purely on the offence being prosecuted, with no reference to previous convictions. What is needed is a change to the guidelines to ensure that the more offences someone has committed, the longer their next sentence will be. It could be something as simple as adding 10% to their punishment for each previous conviction.

In this case, such a system would have changed the current 27 month sentence into one of 22 years, although I sincerely doubt he would have been in any position to rack up such an unedifying history if this had been in place.
If he is not stopped he probably will . That would be asking to much lol
[quote][p][bold]-trigg-[/bold] wrote: At the moment it appears that our courts pass sentence purely on the offence being prosecuted, with no reference to previous convictions. What is needed is a change to the guidelines to ensure that the more offences someone has committed, the longer their next sentence will be. It could be something as simple as adding 10% to their punishment for each previous conviction. In this case, such a system would have changed the current 27 month sentence into one of 22 years, although I sincerely doubt he would have been in any position to rack up such an unedifying history if this had been in place.[/p][/quote]If he is not stopped he probably will . That would be asking to much lol chelsea1970
  • Score: 0

6:19pm Wed 28 May 14

displayed says...

"after the man had previously reported him to police for stealing his wheelie bin which he used to store tools"

Wah, u spoilt his fun, that's why he was angry!

He's obviously on the level, as the police have previously squared it up with im!
"after the man had previously reported him to police for stealing his wheelie bin which he used to store tools" Wah, u spoilt his fun, that's why he was angry! He's obviously on the level, as the police have previously squared it up with im! displayed
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree