Market deli fined for hygiene breach
Updated 2:11pm Thursday 29th May 2014 in News
A PONTYPOOL delicatessen was fined after cooked foods were stored below raw meat.
A hygiene inspection in Phil’s Pantry in Pontypool Indoor Market also found there were no towels to dry hands.
The inspection also discovered cooked foods in a fridge stored next to and below raw meat.
Food safety records suggested food safety checks had been carried out on foods which had not been delivered and towels for hand drying were available when they were not.
The owner, Philip Jolliffe, pleaded guilty, and was fined £225 with £200 costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
Comments are closed on this article.