Sam Lewis says sorry to Dragons after transfer debacle

3:12pm Monday 6th January 2014

By Andrew Penman

NEWPORT Gwent Dragons say young flanker Sam Lewis has apologised after last week committing to join the Rodney Parade region before then reversing that decision.

The Dragons announced the signing of Lewis from Welsh rivals the Ospreys but were forced into an embarrassing climbdown when the player changed his mind.

A Dragons statement released this afternoon reads: "Sam Lewis has personally apologised to Newport Gwent Dragons for the contractual confusion caused last week.

"Lewis gave his initial commitment to Gwent Dragons, but then signed a full contract with the Ospreys allowing him to remain at the region."

Director of rugby Lyn Jones said: "Sam is a young man who now realises the seriousness of any future actions.

"It's been an unusual episode and as a region we are now drawing a line under this event and moving forward.”

Back

© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group

Free Press Series: site_logo http://www.freepressseries.co.uk

Click 2 Find Business Directory http://www.freepressseries.co.uk/trade_directory/