SEVERN Tunnel twice came back from being behind to Underwood B to book their place in the semi-finals of the Benevolent Cup and to please their manager.

“In a way, I was pleased we went behind twice because it gave us a chance to show our character,” Tunnel boss Steve Duddridge said.

“We haven't found ourselves in that losing position too often and it is always good to have that reminder.

“We could have been 3-0 up before Underwood scored.

"The game was everything I expected. Underwood were always going to play at a fast pace and I expected them to be stronger in attack than in defence.

“The game was competitive but I always felt confident we would win but with the wind in their faces in the second half it was always going to be a struggle, and as I said to the team at half time we needed to get up the pitch and they would drop deeper and deeper which proved right.

“The goals were scrappy, but they all count. Underwood carried a threat but it was sporadic rather than constant in the second half.”

Underwood skipper Sam Leighton scored their first goal, prodding the ball home after it flicked off a defender’s head from a corner but Tom Atkins equalised finishing off a fine run on the left with a shot into the far corner.

But Underwood responded well and Keiron Gettings scored from close range after Tunnel’s defence failed to properly deal with another corner.

After the break, another set-piece provided Tunnel with a second equaliser as an Underwood defender sliced the ball past his keeper Will Hobbs.

The visitors were very lucky to survive a penalty appeal for handball when the referee ruled the offence occurred just outside the area.

At the other end, Tunnel keeper Neil Hughes made a double save to deny Underwood a third goal.

But the home side finally took the lead for the first time when a long throw from the right was nodded down to Chris Taylor who swept the ball high into the net.

Just before the end, Tunnel clinched the result when Oliver Morgan-Davies fired the fourth.

Underwood manager Daniel Guerra paid tribute to his team, who are second in Division Two.

“We played some good football and although I’m disappointed, I’m proud of the team’s performance,” he said.

“We matched Tunnel for an hour with a team that was only formed this season so we can take a lot of positives out of this result. The lads worked hard for each other and can hold their heads high.”