WALES Women went down to a 52-0 defeat to England in their Six Nations clash at Twickenham Stoop.

Poppy Cleall and Ellie Kildunne each scored twice for the home side while Abigail Dow, Leanne Riley, Marlie Packer and Rachael Burford also scored.

Wales were unable to muster a response.

Robyn Wilkins got the action underway with Wales No 8 Sioned Harries winning her 50th cap.

The visitors spread the ball wide to dangerous wing Jess Kavanagh-Williams early on, but Rowland Phillips' side were then dealt a blow as Kerin Lake was replaced by Hannah Jones.

Centre Lake took a blow to the arm and was unable to continue and from there, England took control with Cleall the first of the home try scorers.

The flanker powered over, Katy Daley-McLean converting for a 7-0 lead.

After that, Wales struggled to stem the tide of England's relentless attack. Amy Evans escaped a yellow card for a deliberate knock-on, but Dow then added the home side's second.

Danielle Waterman committed Elinor Snowsill to give Dow an easy finish.

The conversion was added and scrum-half Riley then made it three scores for England as they moved into a 21-0 lead.

Sadly for Wales, the scoring kept coming.

Kildunne secured the bonus-point try within half an hour, Daley-McLean surprisingly missing the conversion for the first time in the afternoon.

It left England 26-0 ahead at the break and with Wales facing a mountain to climb.

In the second half Rowland Phillips' side couldn't get back into the game.

Captain Carys Phillips was left frustrated as her team coughed up a series of penalties which only served to allow England to maintain their dominance.

Wilkins made way for Lleucu George as Wales searched for a way back into the game, but England's power game told once again when Packer emerged from a huge forward surge for the first try after the break.

Daley-McLean was once again perfect with the extras.

Inside centre Burford then dotted down under the posts, Daley-McLean converting to make it 40-0.

To their credit Wales kept going, despite the scoreboard going against them.

Head coach Phillips emptied the bench in search of fresh legs, but replacement prop Cerys Hale didn't last long after being forced off. It meant Evans had to come back on.

There was still time for Cleall and Kildunne to add their second tries of the game, Daley-McLean converting the second of those to bring the scoring to an end.