GLASGOW Warriors gained revenge for their Guinness PRO14 to the Dragons last October as they ran in five tries at a windswept Scotstoun Stadium.

Hooker Grant Stewart crossed twice, fellow forwards Tim Swinson and Mesu Dolokoto also scored, while centre Huw Jones got the bonus-point try.

The Dragons touched down three times, twice through captain Rhodri Williams – the first inside the opening minute – and wing Ashton Hewitt.

Defeat for Dean Ryan’s men leaves them fifth in Conference A, 13 points adrift of the play-offs, while Glasgow now sit third.

The Dragons knew they had to be at it from the off after more than a month without a game.

And they couldn’t have wished for a better start, with scrum-half Williams leading by example, intercepting opposite number Jamie Dobie’s pass inside the Dragons 22 to sprint to the try line.

Sam Davies landed a tricky conversion against the wind to make it a seven-point score.

Glasgow’s response was a quick one, second row Swinson barging over from close range after a rumble by the home pack.

Pete Horne added the extras to level things up after 11 minutes.

The Dragons managed to get back on the front foot following Swinson’s effort, but after winning a couple of penalties, Leone Nakarawa spoiled the visitors’ lineout and Glasgow cleared.

If playing against the strong wind wasn’t tough enough, the Dragons were also on the wrong end of what appeared to be a big blunder by referee Sean Gallagher.

Glasgow went 14-7 ahead when Stewart powered over from another forward shunt. Horne converted.

However, it seems that Glasgow should never have had the lineout from which Stewart scored.

Both sides were down to 14 men when hooker Stewart crossed, with opposing tightheads Lloyd Fairbrother and Oli Kebble seeing yellow.

Kebble had reacted to having his head pinned to the ground with a Fairbrother forearm by lashing out with an open-handed hit to the Dragons prop’s chin.

The official could be heard saying he was giving the penalty to the Dragons as he deemed Kebble’s offence to be the worse of the two – he then gave Glasgow the penalty.

The Warriors extended their lead just after the half-hour mark, Horne slotting an easy three points from in front of the posts.

However, it wasn’t all good news for the hosts as they lost the influential Nakarawa to injury.

Things might have got worse for the Dragons in the closing stages of the first half.

Glasgow loosehead Aki Seiuli showed some nifty footwork a few metres out and crawled his way to the whitewash.

The celebrations were cut short as the TMO rightly ruled that the prop had made a double, or possibly triple, movement.

Given the wind, a 17-7 scoreline might not have been too bad for the Dragons to come back from, however, right on half-time they lost Brok Harris to injury.

It was very nearly a perfect start to the second half for the Warriors.

Seiuli fed winger Ratu Tagive with a delightful offload and it seemed a certain try for the speedster.

But under pressure from Williams, Tagive fluffed his lines and lost control as he attempted to touch down.

Five minutes later, Glasgow did have reason to cheer, and their third try was all down to the pack.

A rolling maul just kept going until Stewart emerged from under a pile of bodies with the ball.

After a poor third quarter, the Dragons got themselves back in the game.

Davies made the initial break to set the visitors in motion, before offloading to hooker Ellis Shipp, who then fed skipper Williams to race under the posts. Davies converted.

Having responded well, the Dragons shot themselves in the foot as they were sliced open in midfield and Seiuli and Dobie combined to put Jones over for the bonus point.

The impressive Dobie was then replaced by Australian international Nick Frisby, whose first touch led to the Dragons’ third try.

Frisby’s clearing kick was charged down by Joe Davies, the ball bounced into Hewitt’s hands and the winger scampered in.

Now trailing 27-19, the Dragons sensed an opportunity to take one, maybe two, points back to south Wales.

Glasgow had other ideas and saw out the remaining 15 minutes with the minimum of fuss.

They even rubbed salt into the wounds of their opponents with a fifth try, this one scored by replacement prop Dolokoto. Horne converted.

Glasgow: G Bryce; T Seymour, H Jones, N Grigg, R Tagive; P Horne, J Dobie; A Seiuli, G Stewart, O Kebble, R Harley, T Swinson, L Nakarawa, C Gibbins (capt), R Wilson. Reps: M Dolokoto, A Allan, E Mcquillan, A Davidson, C Fusaro, N Frisby, R Jackson, N Matawalu.

Dragons: J Goodchild; J Rosser, A Warren, J Dixon, A Hewitt; S Davies, R Williams (capt); B Harris, E Shipp, L Fairbrother, J Davies, M Screech, H Taylor, O Griffiths, H Keddie. Reps: R Lawrence, J Reynolds, A Jarvis, M Williams, T Basham, T Knoyle, C Edwards, J Botica.

Referee: Sean Gallagher